Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This is the New Year


Oh, Deathcab for Cutie, how I love thee.
The New Year is right around the corner.  2010.  A new decade.  I can't believe it.  It seems ridiculous to me that I am already 2 decades (and change) old.  These next 10 years are going to be important ones.  The ones were I, you know, become a "real" adult.  Maybe marriage, maybe babies (!?!), maybe, you know, a stable living situation, not living in my parent's house, a real world job (though having a job in the theatre isn't exactly having a "real world" job).  All of those things are coming up in the next decade.  Turning 30, that'll happen in the next decade.  Becoming a real person.  And you know what?  It freaks me out.  Entering my 20s wasn't as frightening as entering this new decade seems to be to me.  What is that about?

I keep trying to sit down and write resolutions for 2010 and for the next decade but you know what, I hate writing resolutions.  Because odds are two days into the New Year I completely forget that I wrote resolutions at all, even though I've been keeping the list in my pocket and then I, like, wash my pants or something and the resolutions literally desintegrate.  To those of you who say laminate those puppies or something I say...well, actually, first I say "bite me, Sally Sassypants", but then, nicely, I say that making the list impervious to water probably isn't going to require me to follow it.  HOWEVER (yes, that needs to be in all caps because, well, here comes some life ch-ch-changes), I recognize that the beginning of this new decade requires new thoughts, new mindsets, otherwise how can I (we) concievably move forward and evolve as human beings?  So here is a rough sketch of my pledge for this New Decade, this New Year, this New Chapter:

I, Ashleigh, resolve to enter the New Decade and New Year with a positive, open mind.  In this New Decade I chose to live positively and in the moment and to banish as much negativity from my life as I can (though, since I am half Jewish, some of the negativity is genetically engrained in me and therefore impossible to remove.  Anyway, the little negativity that's left is the funny part of negativity so it's not so much a problem).  I chose to, in this New Decade, live to my utmost potentialTo follow my heart and my gut, no matter how frightening the idea may be.  I chose to live artistically, as open and courageously as I can.  In this New Year and Decade I chose to embrace love, to let love into my life in all forms, and to give love when I can.  In this New Decade, I resolve to live healthfully, to remain active, to be kind to the Earth and thankful for all that she gives.  I chose to nurish my soul as often as is possible in as many ways as possible.  I resolve to be grateful everyday and to live balanced.  I resolve to be a reciever and trasmitter of the energy of the Universe.  I chose awesome.

Keep an eye out for exciting new photographs here in the next few days.  My New Years party should yield some fantastic images. 

May the New Year and New Decade bring you peace, happiness, and health, dear reader.  See you in 2010!

1 comment:

  1. spectacular resolutions. and yes i am sally sassypants because i do say LAMINATE that list! i will post my resolution soons. but one of them is for sure to be a better friend and drive down to LG to hang out with really cool people named Ashleigh Ruth Hill. K?

    ReplyDelete