Friday, April 29, 2011

Mixtape 1

If you've ever met me, you know that I constantly am listening to music. There is rarely a time that I don't have something playing--while I'm getting dressed, in the car on the way to work, in my office, making dinner--9 times out of 10 there is a soundtrack running in the background (my family will tell you that this soundtrack puts them to sleep.  I happen to disagree with them).  I'm sure you all read in The Violet about making monthly mixtapes.  This is something that my girlfriends from college and I have done in the past as a great way to keep in touch since we are terrible at the phone (really, it's pathetic).  It is great because every month you get a new set of songs so your music library never gets stale.  I am lucky because in addition to these cds, my dear dear friend, Hilary, is a total audiophile (she is seriously considering a career as a Music Supervisor, which I think is just about the coolest thing ever) and makes kick-ass mixes.  Truly, my ears are always so much happier when she comes home to visit.  And because one person shouldn't keep all of this excellence to themselves, I'm going to start sharing.

Today's pick? Ryan Adams, "Come Pick Me Up."  Because no one has ever made the phrase "screw all my friends, they're all full of shit" sound so pretty.



Enjoy! (and thanks, Hil)

No comments:

Post a Comment