Monday, February 14, 2011

This Weekend I Met a 15 Year Old Who Is More Talented Than I Will Ever Be

Truly, I did.  You guys, I can't wait for you to see the photographic magic that happened this weekend.  It'll be available for your viewing pleasure in the first issue of The Violet, my newest project.  Have I told you about The Violet yet?  No?  Well, The Violet is a project that I've been working on with my old friend Camilla for the past few months.  It is a magazine for 20-somethings trying to make their way in the world on a budget.  I am so unbelievably excited that it is finally all coming together, our first issue will be out at the end of March.  Keep your eyes peeled for updates on our website, and check out The Violet Blog for updates until the first issue is released.


In the mean time, here is a sneak peak of our photo shoot for the first issue.  With help from Kenza, my new friend Jenny, Camilla, and an uber-talented Claire, it was a magical day.  Here are some that I snapped today (though I promise you, Claire's are better.  Check the first issue of the magazine for proof).  It is days like today that make me love living in Northern California.


Kenza among the trees
Camilla, being silly with props 
Kenza, in thought
The lovely and stylin' Jenny
Claire, who is so talented it is sort of gross
The Golden Gate

No comments:

Post a Comment