Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Picture is Worth...


One of my best friends is moving to Nicaragua, like, TOMORROW to start her world saving work in the Peace Corps and, while the adult in my is so unbelievably proud and excited for her I can hardly stand it, the tiny baby person in my is basically crying every second.  To placate the tiny-Ashleigh, I have been day dreaming about photojournalism.  Yes, that's right.  PHOTOJOURNALISM.  Photojournalism, travel photography, is the career I imagine having (even though I still dream of directing and working in film and theatre and know that is absolutely what I love doing).  It is the career I would have if I, you know, changed my personality completely.  I love love love National Geographic.  I love the articles, I love the photos, I love the smell (seriously, the smell of that magazine is magical).  The photos make me feel better, they make me see the world as beautiful again, especially in this time of confusion.  


Here are some of my new favorites:












1 comment:

  1. You should watch the Planet Earth series. Chris is obsessed with it and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete