Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Love List

You know when you are in the middle of dealing with a cold and you feel like you will never be well again? You can't even remember what it felt like to breath out of your nose, every part of your body hurts, your hair does some sort of insane thing where it both clings to your head and stands on end. And even though you know that it is just a cold and that everything with be just fine in a couple of days, at the moment it feels like the end of the world. It is at this point, this exact moment, when my brain feels like it is probably going to explode, that I try to think of 10 things that make my heart happy, that cause my soul to stand up and applaud, and then give me a big hug. Here are just a few of those things:

1. The idea of a snowy California winter. I love the snow, I'm going to miss it this winter (even though when I live in New York I tend to hate the snow).
2. Chocolate. Really delicious (preferably milk) chocolate.
3. Leaves changing in the Fall.
4. The aforementioned leaves turning all crunchy. Actually, I love crunchy sounds, especially people walking on crunchy gravel.
5. Cold nights, sweaters and warm drinks.
6. Firelight. Especially on the beach, especially at night, especially when it is chilly.
7. I know it is nerdy, but the Lord of the Rings films. They continue to be a source of inspiration for me, no matter where I am in my life, what I'm doing or where I am doing it.
8. This puppy:


9. Laughing with friends, especially while at The Bank (If you don't know what that is, come and visit me and I will show you its glory).
10. Silly beautiful love stories, especially Little Women and anything featuring James McAvoy.

So next time you feel like your head is stuffed full of cotton, try to think of the 10 things that make your heart smile. And don't forget to drink a lot of liquids.

No comments:

Post a Comment