Sunday, May 3, 2009

The End of an Era

As of this upcoming Wednesday, my undergraduate career will be over....and I CAN'T wait.  Sooo much work in these past few days, it is difficult to remember that I have a little over a week left in New York.  I'm trying to keep this in mind, even when I am swamped with work.  Little trips around the city here and there over the next week are a MUST.

In sad news, theatre practitioner Augusto Boal passed away yesterday.  Boal's work is revolutionary and some of the most interesting techniques I learned about at NYU.  His book, Games for Actors and Non-Actors, is pretty much my bible.  I use it all the time.  Boal's work changed the way I teach and they way I create theatre work.  It is a great loss to the theatre community and to humanity at large.

To all those graduating seniors out there, keep your chin up.

"The world only spins forward. We will be citizens. The time has come...The great work begins." 

No comments:

Post a Comment